Distiller's Range, Everything You Need For Craft Distilling
For those wanting to ferment with genuine yeast strains when making Whiskey, Rum, Vodka or Gin, look no further than the Distiller’s range for craft distilling.
- Whiskey - A specialist active dried Whiskey distiller’s yeast producing an optimum congener profile for elegant, well-rounded and refined whiskey spirit for oak aging.
- Gin - A particularly clean active dried yeast, especially selected for Gin production. This strain gives a neutral congener profile, making clean and crisp spirit alcohol perfect for showcasing your botanicals.
- Vodka - A specialist active dried Vodka distiller’s yeast with an extremely low congener profile for production of rounded vodka spirit with a clean authentic finish.
- Rum - A specialist active dried Rum distiller’s yeast. This strain produces an optimum congener profile for full-flavoured, smooth and rounded Rum spirit.
- Dark Spirits - Yeast nutrient blend especially formulated for enhanced congener production during fermentation of alcohol for dark spirits.
- Light Spirits - Yeast nutrient blend especially formulated for reduced off-flavour production during fermentation of alcohol for light/white spirits.
- Glucoamylase - Glucoamylase is a fungal-derived enzyme which breaks down dextrins into simple sugars.
- High Temperature Alpha-amylase - Alpha-amylase is a bacterially-derived enzyme which breaks down starch into dextrins and simple sugars. This is an optional component which when used, will increase your yield at the expense of quality. You should use this when you want the maximum amount of spirit possible, and avoid this when you want the highest quality spirit possible. We also have alternative Alpha-amylase available.
For Dark Spirits, you'll want to use the Alembic Pot Still. For light spirits, the Turbo 500 is more suited.
The below chart indicates the combination of yeast, nutrient and enzyme needed to make different types of spirits: