Standard and Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions
Please contact Distillery King via the Contact Us Page for all warranty and product support requests.
These terms and conditions apply to Standard and Extended Warranties of products purchased from www.distilleryking.com.au.
In the event that You have a warranty claim in respect of a Product delivered within Australia, you will be asked to return the relevant Product to an Australian support centre.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the customer (you) and either Distillery King Pty Ltd ABN 37 169 373 826.
We recommend that you keep your original product packaging if possible. In the unlikely event that you require a warranty repair and you do not have the original packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging your Product for transport and Distillery King accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.
Distillery King provide the warranties and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions in relation to Products offered and supplied by Distillery King.
The warranties and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions are provided by Distillery King irrespective of:
- the identity of the manufacturer of the Product;
- whether or not the manufacturer has provided its own warranties or product support in relation to the Product.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Distillery King agree to repair or replace the Distillery King Product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with Distillery King's specifications during:
- the Standard Warranty period of 12 months; or
- the applicable Extended Warranty period, commencing on the date of delivery of the Product. Where there is no proof of delivery, this date will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch of the Product.
The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties.
Distillery King requires any customer requesting service under the Standard or Extended Warranties to comply with directions from Distillery King staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Distillery King via the Contact Us Page before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
Distillery King reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Distillery King reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Distillery King will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by Distillery King with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Distillery King. Distillery King may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Standard Warranty or Extended warranty does not extend or restart the Standard Warranty or Extended Warranty period.
If Distillery King is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for Distillery King's store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at Distillery Kings election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided as per section 6, the faulty item will become the property of Distillery King.
Where Distillery King authorises warranty service of a Product, Distillery King will organise for our authorised courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the appropriate authorised repair centre, provided that the Product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. If Distillery King deems it appropriate, We may alternatively supply a pre-paid postage label for the Product to be returned via our chosen carrier to the authorised repair centre. In this situation Distillery King will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternatively, the Customer may take the Product to the appropriate repair centre for service if Distillery King specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by Distillery King if Distillery King specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so, in which case Distillery King will refund the Customer the cost of the postage on provision of a scanned copy of the postage receipt. Where the customer is located outside Australia, Distillery King may require that the Product be sent to Australia, as directed by Distillery King.
The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from Distillery King upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to Distillery King within 1 day of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 1 day of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
Standard and Extended Warranties of products purchased from www.distilleryking.com.au do not apply:
- To consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- to cosmetic damage, to boxes, packaging or exterior surfaces (including during transit);
- to damage caused by use with another product;
- to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause;
- to damage caused by operating the Product outside any guidelines published for use;
- to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Distillery King;
- to a Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Distillery King, including but not limited to installation of custom firmware or other software;
- to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the Product,
- if any serial number has been removed or defaced from the Product,
- if the product is stolen or Distillery King reasonably believes that the product is stolen based on information provided by law enforcement authorities, or
- Where proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) cannot be provided.
Distillery King reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre (including Distillery King's internal repair facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
The Product will be at the Customer's risk while in transit to and from the Distillery King Authorised Repair Centre.
Distillery King may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Us where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty do not apply as per section 17.
Distillery King reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Distillery King's specifications, subject to applicable law.
The Standard and Extended Warranties are transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from www.distilleryking.com.au, provided Distillery King is informed by contacting Distillery King via the Contact Us Page within 7 days of the date of transfer.
Extended Warranties are available for purchase for some Products, as listed on the Website. These Extended Warranties may be purchased up to 14 days after delivery of Your Products.
Where an Extended Warranty is purchased, it will replace the 12-month Standard Warranty period with the extended warranty period (for example, either 3 or 5 years).
Distillery King is entitled to terminate the Extended Warranty by e-mail notice to the Customer in the event that, in Distillery King's opinion, the Product is used contrary to its specifications, in which case Distillery King will pay a pro-rata refund for the unexpired period of the Extended Warranty less administration expenses.
To the full extent permitted by law, the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product:
- If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions or specifications provided with the Product;
- If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product;
- Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product;
- To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions;
- To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer;
- To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications;
- To replacement or repair of any consumables (including batteries and cables), or lost parts or accessories;
- To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or;
- To service of any product whilst it is outside Australia.
To the full extent permitted by law:
- Distillery King will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Distillery King's aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Standard Warranty and Extended Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at Distillery King's option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product.
- Distillery King excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to Distillery King Products supplied by Distillery King Australia, these Standard and Extended Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of the State of Queensland, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Distillery King can be contacted via the Contact Us Page.