Still Spirits Rum Distiller's Yeast|
A specialist active dried rum distiller’s yeast. This strain produces an optimum congener profile for full-flavoured, smooth and rounded rum spirit.
For fermentation of sugar, treacle, molasses or sugar cane juice for distillation of Rum spirit using the Alembic Pot Still System. You can also use the Grainfather Brewing System with the Pot Still Alembic Dome Top and Copper Condenser. For a result with less character, the Turbo 500 System or the Grainfather with the Turbo 500 Stainless Steel Condenser and Turbo 500 Copper Condenser can be used, if the ceramic saddles are removed, instead of using the Pot Still Alembic Dome Top and Copper Condenser. If attaching the Turbo 500 condenser to the Grainfather, you will need the lid attachment.
- Net Weight: 20 g (0.7 US oz)
- Sufficient for: Up to 25 L (6.6 US Gal)
- Alcohol Tolerance: 15% ABV
- Attenuation: 70-100% (Low-High)
- Flocculation Rate: Medium
- Recommended Temperature Range: 20-34°C (68-93°F)
- Strain Classification: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Viable Yeast Cells/g: >1 x 1010
- Dry Weight: 92-96%
- Wild Yeast Cells/g: <1 per 106 cells
- Total Bacteria: <1 x 105 cfu/g
- GMO Status: GMO Free
- Shelf Life: 24 Months
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Place of Origin: Made in the UK from imported and local ingredients.
- Packaging: Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Add directly to fermentation vessel and leave to ferment at 20-34°C (68-93°F) ambient air temperature for optimum performance and quality.
Dried yeast (yeast, emulsifier [E491]).