Still Spirits Turbo 500 (T500) Condenser & MEGA PACK! (shipping May)|
The ultimate in distilling, the Turbo 500 is a must for anyone who wants to produce large quantities of extremely clean, pure, commercial alcohol
Perfect for beginners, no distilling experience required! The Turbo 500 allows you to collect an astonishing 95% of the possible alcohol from the wash. This comes out at an amazing 93% alcohol purity which beats every other still on the market. High quality alcohol made with the Turbo 500 can be used to make high quality, commercial grade, clear spirits such as Gin, White Rum and Vodka as well as any of the other spirits and liqueurs in the Still Spirits Essences range.
Designed and assembled in New Zealand, the Still Spirits Turbo 500 is the world's most advanced fractionating column for home use. It includes stainless steel construction, faucet adaptor for ease of water flow adjustment, 25L boiler with 2000w integrated element, boil dry reset, thermal cut out fuse and waste discharge tap. The MEGA pack has everything you need to get started (and keep you going for a while!) except sugar, you will need 6kgs of sugar per yeast packet, 18kgs total (white sugar, dextrose or Turbo Sugar are all fine). We also sell boxes of 12kgs dextrose, bags of 25kgs dextrose, and boxes of 12kgs Turbo Sugar.
The inclusions of the pack are as follows:
- Turbo 500 Stainless Steel Condenser
- Mangrove Jack's Boiler 25L
- EZ Filter
Classic 6 Yeast (Classic 6 is the "all rounder" with low fermentation odor and an operational air temperature range of 15°C-30°C)
- Fast Yeast (the quickest Turbo Yeast on the planet, fermenting out 6kg of sugar in less than 24 hours and producing very good distillate)
- Pure Yeast (a breakthrough in Turbo Yeast development making it possible to produce “triple distilled” quality alcohol at home)
- 3 x Turbo Carbon
- 3 x Turbo Clear
- 3 x EZ Filter Carbon Cartridges (one inside the EZ Filter + two extra)
- 30L Plastic Fermenter complete with Tap, Sediment Reducer, Airlock, Grommet
- 5L Measuring Jug/Collector
- 50cm Stirring Spoon
- Wash Hydrometer
- 0-100% Alcometer
- 3 x ECD Cold Water Detergent 25g
- 3 x No Rinse Steriliser 25g
- Distillers Conditioner (defoaming agent)
- Ceramic Boilers
- Water Flow Controller for Kitchen, Laundry and Outdoor taps
- Garden Hose Adaptor
- 6 x Top Shelf Essences 2.25L (your choice - click here to see the options)
Check out the below instructions on how to use the Still Spirits Turbo 500. Please note, the condensers now come pre-packed with saddles, so you can skip this step. Also, they use a cap for the airlock which you shouldn't do, you should just fill it with water so air can escape and not get inside. You may also want to check our our Still Spirits Turbo 500 FAQs.
VIDEO ONE: Making the wash
VIDEO TWO: Distilling
Please note: If you plan to attach the T500 condenser to the 25L boiler to make a still, you will need permission from the ATO. If you plan to use the still to make alcohol, you will need a license from the ATO.