Grainfather Whirlpool and Aeration Brewing Paddle
The Grainfather Whirlpool and Aeration Brewing Paddle is an excellent tool that can be used for both the aeration of your wort in the fermenter after chilling and to create a strong efficient whirlpool with minimal effort.
Whirlpooling before you pump the wort out of your brewing system is highly recommended to help separate the solids from your wort. This helps to form a secondary layer of filtration over your hop filter and allows your wort to flow out clear, while minimising the risk of small particles making it into the pump.
The Grainfather Whirlpool and Aeration Brewing Paddle provides an excellent whirlpool without the effort! It allows the perfect amount of liquids and solids to pass through its large blades. Just simply attach to a standard electric power drill via its ‘chuck bit’ styled end for the relaxed whirlpooling and aeration of your wort.
Whirlpooling and aerating is good practice before you pump the wort out of your brewing system. It promotes enhanced yeast activity and places the hops and protein back into suspension before the filtering process. Aerating the wort after chilling is excellent practice. It infuses oxygen which is critical to yeast growth in the early stages, reduces lag time and helps with a strong, healthy fermentation.
- 304 Stainless Steel, 8mm (1/3") drill bit end and 12.5cm (5") wide blades
- Designed to be easilty attached to a power drill via an 8mm (1/3") drill bit style end
- Pugged at the end
- 56cm (22") long, perfect for use in large boilers and smaller stove top kettles
- 12.5cm (5") wide blades to create strong aeration and whirlpool
- Connect the end of the whirlpool paddle into an 8mm (1/3") or larger drill chunk
- Insert the paddle into the wort, start drilling slowly to turn it
- It's best if the wort has cooled before increasing the speed
- Use the drill at a higher speed setting to aerate the wort and create a whirlpool inside your boiler