WHISKEY Distillery Kit: Grainfather with Copper Alembic Dome Top and Pot Condenser|
Complete Whiskey Distillery Kit for those of you wanting to make Whiskey from Grain
Using the Grainfather and Alembic Condenser with Copper Dome Top you can create your very own micro-distillery. Whiskeys are also made from grain and follow a similar process to brewing beer in the Grainfather. After fermenting the whiskey wort, attach the dome and condenser and you will be distilling full flavoured, rich tasting whiskey.
Copper Dome Top: The large copper surface area of this dome top acts as a catalyst with the vapour in the Grainfather and helps enhance and concentrate the flavours and aromas as well as removing unwanted sulphur compounds. This produces a smoother, richer, sweeter tasting spirit.
New & Improved Copper Alembic Condenser: This condenser retains the flavour rather than stripping it out by refluxing. This comes with a thermometer, tubing and tap adaptor set. The new & improved version now incorporates a spiral structure modification inside the condenser called fins. The outer water jacket tube of the condenser has been modified internally to increase surface area with the inner distillate arm allowing for better cooling performance. Fins allow the cold water to pass through with some turbulence increasing surface area within the inner tube. The cooling sleeve has been extended back towards the temperature probe which gives the extra cooling length. This new condenser arm has improved the overall efficiency (heat transfer) of the Alembic condenser, allowing for a colder spirit collection temperature.
In addition, this kit comes with all the equipment needed to make whiskey successfully using the Grainfather. It also includes a grain kit to get you started, plus additional consumables for you to make your own whiskey with a custom grain bill. The full list of inclusions is as follows:
- Alembic Copper Dome Top and Pot Condenser (complete with thermometer, tubing and tap adaptor set)
- Grainfather Connect
- Grainfather Sparge Water Heater 18L
- Mangrove Jack's Stainless Steel Fermenter 25L (Now with Stainless Steel Tap with Ball Valve & Locking Mechanism)
- Stainless Steel Paddle 60cm
- PH Indicator Papers (pack of 10 books with 20 papers each, total 200 strips)
- 5L Measuring Jug/Collector
- Hydrometer 3 Scale
- 0-100% Alcometer
- Easy Syphon 3/8' (5/16")
- 20g Distiller’s Yeast - Whiskey
- 12g Distiller’s Enzyme - Glucoamylase
- Still Spirits Turbo Clear
- French Oak Medium Toast Spirals
- Distiller's Malt 8kg - Milled
- ECD Cold Water Detergent 25g
- No Rinse Sanitiser 25g
- 100g Distiller’s Enzyme - Alpha-Amylase (only 12g needed for this recipe) (this is shipped separately from the rest of the kit and shipping takes approximately 4 weeks)
This is the recipe and process to make Whiskey with these ingredients: How to make Malt Whiskey from Grain
Check out the below video on distilling using the Alembic Dome Top & Pot Condenser with the Grainfather:
Please note: If you plan to attach the Alembic Condenser to the Grainfather to make a still, you will need permission from the ATO. If you plan to use the still to make alcohol, you will need a license from the ATO.