Still Spirits 4L Air Still
The 4L Air Still is the fast and simple way to make your favourite spirits and liqueurs at a fraction of the cost
Finally, a still to take its place amongst everyday kitchen appliances! It looks like a kettle, works like a kettle - but it makes alcohol! The Still Spirits Air Still system uses a revolutionary still that will be right at home amongst your everyday kitchen appliances. It's air cooled so it uses no water for cooling, great for regions where water shortages are a problem. Distillation takes just two hours and produces enough alcohol to make a 1L bottle. Stainless steel body, Built in air cooling system so it uses absolutely no water for cooling - great for regions where water shortages are a problem.
Distillation takes just two hours and produces enough alcohol each time to make a 1 litre bottle at 38-40% ABV. No compromise on quality. Revolutionary non-technical design. No hoses, no complicated assembly, just plug and play! As simple to operate as the kitchen kettle, Great value for money, Safe and easy to use which is ideal for the new distiller, can be used for Alcohol Distillation, Water Distillation - produce 100% pure, safe drinking water and Bio Fuel Manufacture.
Why not add the infusion basket? The latest product in the Air Still range, use this stainless steel basket to infuse vodka and gin with botanicals, lemon or orange peel, cinnamon sticks, chili or anything else you'd like to whack in. Simply clip it into the side of the Air Still lid and get creative!
How do I distil essential oils?
Previously there has been a mention on the boxes and front of the instruction manuals of the Air Still stating that this unit should be used for distilling/extracting essential oils. This unit is not best used for distilling essential oils, this is best done using the Alembic Pot Still setup. However, it is possible to be done with the Air Still. This differs depending on the material you use. But a good guide is as follows:
Rosemary - Use 300 g of rosemary leaves and 3.65 L of water (don't fill over the max amount). Turn the Air Still on, collect the distillate (preferable in fractions). We recommend collecting no more than 80% (3 L) otherwise it will boil dry and cook the rosemary.
How do I distil water?
Before use, clean the inside of the still and fill it with clean water to the 4 litre (1 US gallon) line which is marked on the inside. Make sure that no water is spilt on the outside of the body and ensure that both electrical sockets are clean and dry.
- Fit the top cover of the still in place and plug the fan lead into the socket in the still body.
- Place a 4 litre (1 US gallon) collection jug (not supplied) under the outlet nozzle.
- Press the reset button on the base of the still.
- Connect the main power cord between the still and the mains power socket.
- Turn on the mains power socket switch.
- You will hear the fan in the top cover of the still start.
- It will take about 1½ hours for the water to heat up.
- Once distillation starts, water will begin to drip into the collection bottle.
- The still will take about 10 hours to distil off the 4 litres (1 US gallon) .
- The power supply reset switches off automatically when the distillation is completed.
- You will need to press the reset button on the base of the still before you next use it. After distillation the water needs to be polished. We recommend filtering the distilled water through a Still Spirits Air Still Carbon Filter.