Still Spirits Distiller's Enzyme High Temperature Alpha-Amylase
This product is out of stock due to persisting supply issues with the raw materials. We do however have an alternative High Activity Alpha Amylase Enzyme Powder 100g available that will do the same thing.
Alpha-amylase is a bacterially-derived enzyme which breaks down starch into dextrins and simple sugars.
For use in mashing of starch-based substrates, such as raw grains and potato, for fermentation of alcohol to make distilled spirits.
- Net Weight: 12 g (0.4 US oz)
- Temperature: High Temperatures
- Sufficient for: Up to 10 kg (22.0 lbs) liquefied starch for fermentation volumes up to 25 L (6.6 US Gal)
- Enzyme Systematic Name: 1,4-Alpha-D-Glucan Glucanohydrolase Enzyme Activity (u/g): > 8,000
- Temperature Tolerance: 80-110°C - Optimum 95-105°C (176-230°F - Optimum 203-221°F)
- pH Tolerance: 5.5-8.0 (Optimum 6.0-6.5)
- GMO Status: GMO free
- Shelf Life: 24 Months
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Place of Origin: Made in the UK from imported an local ingredients.
- Danger: May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled.
Add enzyme to starch substrate slurry, stir well and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes then turn off the heat, cover (or hold at 85-95°C (185–203°F)) and allow to stand for 60 minutes.
Dextrose monohydrate, Alpha-amylase enzyme.